One of Chooze’s top priorities now, and since the beginning of the company, is a culture that supports the whole wellbeing of employees. We strive to create a culture where employee happiness is top-of-mind, and in turn a happy office, as we grow and continue to welcome new Choozler’s to the team.
We focus on our team’s growth, balance, and learning opportunities to ensure everyone is thriving both in and outside of the office.
Recently, Choozle landed on the top of another best places to work list in Outside Magazine. In order to be a successful, smart, and agile company, we know it starts with our employees. That’s why we go out of our way to prioritize them with our long list of benefits available for all full-time employees.
Let’s talk about how extensive Choozle’s benefits package actually is. We’ll explain everything that is covered and highlight a few of our favorites.
First and foremost, we provide a base salary and core benefits that are annually reviewed for every Choozle position. Our core benefits include:
- Self-managed, unlimited paid time off
- Paid employee volunteering time
- Employees can donate up to 24 hours (3 days) per calendar year towards a 501c3 charitable organization of their choice
- Choice of two Medical insurance plans:
- Base HSA Plan: employer 100% covered Medical HSA
- Buy up option PPO: employer covered at 95% & 60% of dependents
- Dental insurance, employer covered at 90% & 70% of dependents
- Vision insurance
- Employer contribution into an employee only Health Savings Account
- Employer covers up to 50k of life insurance
- Paid short & long term disability provided
- Two employer-provided Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A few more optional core benefits include:
- Voluntary upgrade options, and voluntary additional Life Plans
- Voluntary Pet Insurance available
- Voluntary Accident Insurance
- 401k option with 3% company match
- Voluntary Legal
- Voluntary Health Savings Accounts
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Dependent Care FSA Accounts
Choozle also prioritizes ownership as a meaningful part of everyone’s experience when working at Choozle. We provide meaningful equity bands, so we can continue to take pride in what we build.
Based on your position at Choozle there are also variable benefits and compensation you could start to see. These include referral bonuses and commissions. Choozle is in a huge period of growth right now and referral bonuses are here to help us. We know the best job candidates tend to come from employee referrals, and we reward people who build our team. Commission bonuses can also be tied to revenue goals, based on your position.
Now, this is the real fun part of working at Choozle. There are a ton of extra perks that really start to add up once you start working. From monthly stipends to our beautiful office in the Rino Arts District, there’s a lot to love about working at Choozle. Here’s the full list:
- Monthly Wellness Stipend:
- $100 a month for employee wellbeing
- Continued Education:
- $250/quarter to spend on personal and/or professional development
- Full reimbursement eligibility for approved education specific to role
- Work from Home Stipend
- $100 a month for work from home productivity items
- Office/other perks
- Nitro coffee, tea, kombucha, soda, waters, lunches, and various snacks available in-office
- Multiple chances to win gift cards weekly (Trivia, Fantasy sports leagues)
- 10 paid holidays (11 in 2022)
- $200 hybrid stipend to use in first month of employment for work from home setup
- Full in-office gym
- Full access to Rippling learning management system
- Public transportation reimbursement
- Expense 2 meals a week up to $20
- Various employee activities and team building adventures
- Free street parking or expensable parking garage
- $1,000 employee referral bonus
All of these perks are seriously awesome and oftentimes understated. Between the monthly wellness stipend, the work-from-home stipends, and the quarterly education stipend, there is a huge amount of investment Choozle employees benefit from.
We recently highlighted some of our employees who used their education stipends to take cool classes and learn some amazing new skills, if you’re curious about how these stipends can be used.
Our culture is thriving when our employees are thriving. We put a lot of thought into the experience we want our employees to have both inside and outside of the office. We need employees who are healthy, taken care of, and are ready to grow and learn with us, so we do our best to offer comprehensive benefits that check all of the boxes.
About the author:
Christine Jones is Choozle’s People Operations Specialist. An experienced people person and manager of benefits, Christine works closely with everyone at Choozle and supports our growing culture. When she’s not at work, you can find her chasing a toddler around the house, frolicking in nature, or playing with her 3 horses.