When you have several clients, and you’re running digital advertising campaigns for all of them simultaneously (not to mention with completely different goals), it can be easy to get caught up in the hustle. Use the below achievements as a guide to knowing when your programmatic advertising campaigns are on the right track, and give yourself a pat on the back if you’ve hit one of these goals! Oh, and go ahead and tell your clients — because they’ll be happy, too.
Achievement #1: “Your campaign is up and running!”
AKA, simply running your client’s first programmatic/display campaign
- Sometimes it’s best to go back to the basics, right? This can be a big (and sometimes daunting) goal for a new agency or brand who’s expanding their paid media strategy. This is also an important milestone for agencies or brands who have just starting owning their programmatic services.
Achievement #2: “I want as many people as possible to know we exist.”
Ah, the classic equation of hitting a brand awareness goal based on impressions, where the key performance indicator, or KPI, is budget utilization.
- If your client’s goal sounds something like the sentence above, then the day your campaign spends its entire budget and your impressions are sky-high, you can give yourself a pat on the back.
Achievement #3: “Through this ad, we want people to buy this product/sign up for this demo/download this ebook, etc.”
Yes, the all-important conversion goal, looking at conversion counts, where the metric of KPI is CPA (cost-per-acquisition).
- Conversions can look like a lot of different things: newsletter signups, ecommerce purchases, filled out forms, scheduled demos, etc. by combining custom audiences and retargeting campaigns using the Choozle Smart Container Tag, your CTR can get on the right track.
Achievement #4: “I want everyone who sees our ad to engage with it.”
Sounds like the old familiar engagement goal focused on clicks, where the metric of KPI is CTR (click-through rate.)
- Sometimes a click is all it takes for a prospect to turn into a customer. By focusing your efforts on getting your CTR at or above .01 (or 1%), your clients can rest easy knowing that their audience is engaging with their ads. If rates aren’t quite there yet, try playing around with different creatives and messages to see which ones engage with your audience more.
Achievement #5: “More people need to be coming to our website.”
Website visits are awesome! If your client’s main goal is to drive more traffic to their website, you’ll also want to keep an eye on their Google Analytics.
- This achievement goes hand-in-hand with #4, as CTR will tell you whether or not people are taking the first step and clicking your ad in the first place.
- Keep in mind, however, that your reporting will look different in Choozle than it will in Google. Try to get familiar with the differences so that you can really take advantage of all the tools within each platform to optimize your campaigns for more website visits, and of course, happy clients!