One of the most important elements of any digital advertising campaign is its creative. The creative is the first thing consumers see, determines if they will visit your website, and ultimately is the first step to conversion. Read the tips below to create impactful creative in order to maximize your digital advertising campaign!
- Design for your audience. Understanding your target audience is central to your creative. Your ad should be targeting toward your audiences’ specific needs. Therefore, by building an ad with your audiences’ demographics in mind, you will increase engagement, as well as click-through and conversion rates. For example, if your brand sells diapers with your target audience being mothers, you want to design your ads to that demographic.
- Consistency. Just as it’s important to relate and design for your audience, it is also crucial to ensure your ad follows the same language and design as your landing page. If the user clicks on the ad but then is confused by the page that he or she is directed to, then the user will most likely close the window. The goal of your landing page and ad combination is to design a layout that intuitive and effortless, with just enough (and not too much) content.
- Be up-to-date. Use relevant information and references to capture users’ attention. Witty and clever humor, pop culture references, news, or trends are all ways to be contemporary with your creative.
- Ask questions. With your target audiences in mind, you can engage these audiences with direct questions that make them evaluate their need for your product. Asking a question in your advertisement will most likely engage the user and peak their interest, resulting in a conversion.
- Include a call to action. A digital advertisement without a call to action leaves users perplexed. Without a clear call to action, users are unsure as to what the next step is. By including calls to actions like, sign up now, buy now, start your free trial, you are giving your audience a clear next step to take, resulting in less confusion, and a conversion.
- Create more than one advertisement to create variety. If your audience is continuously seeing only one advertisement along the side of their browser screen, chances are the ad is affecting them less and less each time it appears. As such, by creating a few different ad designs that tailor to your audience, not only are you able to refresh your brand and ads, but you also face a higher likelihood of your customer engaging with an ad.
Successful advertising campaigns involve both strategy and a cross-channel outreach. With programmatic technology, your brand can be advertised across multiple channels, but your creative is still one of the most effective components of an effective campaign. Your brand’s advertisements need to stand out, be seen by your target audience, and leave an impression in your audience’s mind. By following the above tips, you can construct impactful creative for your campaign, and leave a lasting impression!