Where would we be without data? As marketers and advertisers, we have a love/hate relationship with numbers in digital marketing. Hate gathering them, but love giving ourselves a pat on the back when they prove we know what we’re doing. And we especially love them when they’re quick, concise, and informative.
Below, find 10 points to numbers to take into consideration when planning your year in digital marketing.
- Messaging apps are used by 4 billion users worldwide.
- 53% of marketers are mapping out their customers’ journeys in order to nail down their persona.
- 80% of people appreciate learning about a company through their content.
- 90% of consumers rely on online reviews to make their purchasing decisions.
- Snapchat received the lowest rating of any other video marketing platform with only 27% of those reported finding it effective.
- 36% of consumers attribute negative feelings towards mobile ads because of poor or irritating formatting.
- 60% of survey respondents agreed that colors and fonts in ads promote certain gender stereotypes.
- 81% of people have been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
- May 25, 2018: the date GDPR goes into effect.
- According to AdForm, three out of every four of the top 1,000 publishers are now ads.txt enabled.