Getting your programmatic campaign up and running, although it seems like a lot, is really just a matter of a few steps. The most important thing to nail down first and foremost is that the tactics you use should always connect back to your campaign goals (marketing goals, business goals, and so on).
Connecting campaign goals & digital marketing tactics
Question #1: What goals do you want to accomplish, and what tactics should you use to get there? Use this mix & match guide to select the right strategies for your digital advertising campaign objectives.
Start by setting campaign parameters.
- Budget: Set a monthly budget.
- Primary Goal: Reach (awareness), CPC or CTR (engagement), or CPA (conversion).
- Flight Dates: Set the dates you want the campaign to run.
- Geolocation: Set the location(s) where you want the ads to be shown.
Next, select targeting tactics and strategies based on your monthly budget.
Knowing the monthly budget of your digital advertising campaign can help determine what tactics and strategies to use.
- $1–$5K choose 2 of the following: contextual, data, retargeting, contextual keyword, native
- $5–$10K choose 3–4 of the following: contextual, data, retargeting, contextual keyword, native, IP, CRM, video
- $10K–$20K choose 5–6 of the following: contextual, data, retargeting, contextual keyword, native, IP, CRM, video
Download our infographic to find out which tactics & strategies work best for awareness, engagement, and conversion campaign goals.